They only cost a buck at Target... but they could hurt your child.
Here's the problem- a child eats one, drinks water, it expands... and it doesn't even show up on an X-ray!
From the recall notice:
If the small toy is ingested, it can expand inside a child's body and cause intestinal obstructions, resulting in severe discomfort, vomiting, dehydration and could be life threatening. Surgery is required to remove the toy from the body, if ingested. Medical professionals and parents should be aware that there is a possibility that the toys might not show up on an x-ray.
And it's not just eggs....