Big news over the weekend for dog lovers... their furry friends are now welcome on your Disney vacations.
Here's the scoop:
Walt Disney World will welcome guests and their dogs to four resort hotels: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, and the cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.
There are pup perks.. and a price for cleanup. Here's more:
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads, and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger so that hotel staff will know that your pooch needs some privacy.
- Day care and other pet services are offered nearby at Best Friends, an on-property, full-service pet care facility (fees apply).
- Coming soon—select pet merch at the four resort properties. The resorts’ per night/per room pet-cleaning rates are:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
- Dogs staying in a Disney resort guest room must be well-behaved, leashed in resort public areas, and properly vaccinated. To find out more about this new dog-friendly trial program, contact 407 W-DISNEY or visit the Disney Parks Blog.
Dog lovers are excited...they no longer have to leave their pets at home or the dog kennel at the parks.
Others, not so much-- citing fear of dogs, allergies, and barking
Before you get too excited, one way or the other... note these words "new dog-friendly trial program".
Something else to note... this is about hotels. Not restaurants, not the parks. At least not right now.