Big news over the weekend for dog lovers... their furry friends are now welcome on your Disney vacations.
Here's the scoop:
Walt Disney World will welcome guests and their dogs to four resort hotels: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney Port Orleans Riverside Resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, and the cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.
There are pup perks.. and a price for cleanup. Here's more:
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads, and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger so that hotel staff will know that your pooch needs some privacy.
- Day care and other pet services are offered nearby at Best Friends, an on-property, full-service pet care facility (fees apply).
- Coming soon—select pet merch at the four resort properties. The resorts’ per night/per room pet-cleaning rates are:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
- Dogs staying in a Disney resort guest room must be well-behaved, leashed in resort public areas, and properly vaccinated. To find out more about this new dog-friendly trial program, contact 407 W-DISNEY or visit the Disney Parks Blog.
Dog lovers are excited...they no longer have to leave their pets at home or the dog kennel at the parks.
We are so thrilled with this news! Hoping to bring little Carson some day! pic.twitter.com/aMAp4IaIGr— Carolyn Mancini (@CarolynMancini1) October 13, 2017
How exciting! We can now take our dogs all the way from Missouri to Disney World🐾🤗🌴 https://t.co/hbAFnEesR1— ChipmanAnimalClinic (@chipmanpetvet) October 16, 2017
Dogs are allowed to stay at Disney World. It really is the happiest place on earth— Ryan (@RyanC7991) October 16, 2017
Others, not so much-- citing fear of dogs, allergies, and barking
There are people that are not going to be excited about this. Barking dogs at 2 am?— Disney Fan (@bowler747) October 16, 2017
@DisneyParks What a TERRIBLE idea. Dogs (non-service dogs) do not belong at Disney Resorts! Who thought of this?! $$$ dog smelling rooms.— JHS1972 (@JHS1972) October 16, 2017
I love Disney, but I HATE that they’re allowing dogs at certain hotels. Service dogs should be the only ones allowed.— Steven Irizarry (@Steven_Matthew) October 16, 2017
I'm as big a dog lover as anyone, but I have a very strong feeling this Dogs At Disney thing is not gonna go well at all... pic.twitter.com/dza5gOml7G— Seachelles (@Seachelles26) October 15, 2017
Before you get too excited, one way or the other... note these words "new dog-friendly trial program".
Something else to note... this is about hotels. Not restaurants, not the parks. At least not right now.