I just got so distracted. Someone brought in lunch!
And things would be ok if that was the only distraction I faced.
New list of the Top 10 Distractions on the job really hit home... because I'm guilty of 9! (Assuming microwaving counts as Making Food...)
The only one I'm NOT guilty of?? #10 Looking for another job. But I'm always afraid that if I don't focus better, I may have to!
Here's the list...and how much TIME we spend on these distractions!
- Checking social media – 44 minutes (spent doing this during working day)
- Reading news websites – 1 hour 5 minutes
- Discussing out of work activities with colleagues – 40 minutes
- Making hot drinks – 17 minutes
- Smoking breaks – 23 minutes
- Text/instant messaging – 14 minutes
- Eating snacks – 8 minutes
- Making food in office– 7 minutes
- Making calls to partner/ friends – 18 minutes
- Searching for new jobs- 26 minutes
Bottom line? We're only productive about 2 hours and 53 minutes of our 8-hour workday.