Apparently, it's a thing.
After the kids are tucked in, and the parents start sneaking candy from the Trick-or-Treat bags (don't act all shocked... you know you do it, too), you settle down with a nice glass of wine and some candy.
And there's a method to enjoying this late-night treat. Actually, there are several foodie/wine blogs that have gone to the trouble of finding just the right wine with your candy.
1. Butterfinger. Try it with a buttery chardonnay. The flavors go best with a white wine. Ideally one that's medium-bodied.
2. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Try a Lambrusco. It's a sweet wine that goes well with peanut butter for the same reason jelly does.
3. Kit Kats, or anything that's mostly about the chocolate. Go with a Pinot Noir or a Syrah. Definitely something red.
4. Candy corn. Pop a bottle of champagne or Prosecco. Apparently the waxiness of the candy corn goes well with bubbles.
5. Snickers. Go with a deep, rich Syrah. It goes well with chocolate and nuts.
6. Starburst, Nerds, or anything else that's straight sugar. Pair it with a dry Riesling, or a dry rosé. Nothing too sweet.
Parents should be able to trickortreat for dark chocolate & small wine bottles if they’re also dressed up to match their kids for Halloween— Aur OOoOooOo lian 👻 (@aureylian) October 31, 2017