Spring has sprung, and it's time for college students to hit the beaches.
Before they come to the beach, the Orange Beach Police Department wants to make sure spring breakers get the message--
"If you are looking for a party town, the City of Orange Beach is not it."
Here's the full announcement:
Attention 2018 Spring Break guests: The Orange Beach Police Department welcomes all guests to the City of Orange Beach for Spring Break. Our city is a beautiful, family-oriented beach resort community. Over the past two years, we have experienced increases in underage drinking, disorderly conduct and illegal drug use during Spring Break.
The Orange Beach Police Department will utilize all available resources at our disposal to maintain order and continue to provide a safe, enjoyable experience for all visitors.
If you are looking for a party town, the City of Orange Beach is not it.
Underage drinking, illegal drug use, disorderly conduct or any other breach of the peace will not be tolerated. If you choose to violate the law, you will go to jail. THIS IS YOUR WARNING.
- Be respectful of other guests.
- Have a good time.
- Take your trash with you.
- Remember to “Leave Only Footprints.”
- Sleep in your car or on the beach.
- Have glass containers on the beach.
- Dig large holes on the beach or have steel shovels.
- Have alcohol on State beaches.
- Climb or jump from balconies.
- Leave your chairs and tents on the beach after sunset.
- Have loud and boisterous music or noise on the beach or in your room.
The Orange Beach Police Department can be reached at 251-981-9777. For all emergencies, dial 9-1-1.
This is the kind of dangerous behavior that won't be tolerated--
The good news is, Spring Break is a little more spread out this year....
Auburn, 3/10- 3/18
Alabama, 3/24- 4/1
South Alabama, 3/24- 4/1
Ole Miss, 3/10- 3/18
Miss State, 3/10- 3/18
Southern Miss, 3/17- 3/25
Florida State, 3/10- 3/18
Florida, 3/24- 4/1