Late for work? Again?
We've all used the usual excuses at one time or another.... traffic, the kids, lost keys.
But some people have been really creative with their late-for-work excuses. When CareerBuilder asked bosses for the most unusual, here's what they got--
- It's too cold to work.
- I had morning sickness (it was a man).
- My coffee was too hot and I couldn't leave until it cooled off.
- An astrologer warned me of a car accident on a major highway, so I took all backroads, making me an hour late.
- My dog ate my work schedule.
- I was here, but I fell asleep in the parking lot.
- My fake eyelashes were stuck together.
- Although it has been five years, I forgot I did not work at my former employer's location and drove there on accident.
#TheOnlyLieThatWorks being late for work and blaming traffic— Ⓜixologist_DJ (@Mixologist_DJ) March 22, 2018
A few findings from this survey that you may want to ponder, especially since 25% of workers are late at least once a month--
Bottom line? Bosses can only hear so many excuses before they feel like it's a great excuse to fire you.
Of course, you could always bring donuts...
Pro tip: if ur ever running late for work cause you hadddd to get a dunkin coffee, just get a box of donuts for the office & all is forgiven 😇— alexis❋☯ (@_alexiswilsonn) March 21, 2018
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)