You can't make this stuff up.
And it's another reason why the bathroom is not the best room to be in during a thunderstorm. (Before this, it was the SHOWER I was worried about. Now I'm just gonna steer clear of the bathroom altogether!)
A Florida homeowner is busy cleaning up after a lighting strike caused her toilet to explode.
Marylou Ward told media outlets that she was sitting with her husband in their Port Charlotte home during a thunderstorm when they heard a loud "boom," shortly before they discovered a bathroom toilet in pieces.
WHAT ON EARTH??
A plumber reported that the explosion was so forceful it sent pieces of porcelain into the bathroom wall.
Although the toilet, tank, and indoor plumbing is now a wreck, Ward said she felt lucky that it did not cause a bigger blast and no one was hurt.