Remember the early days of Facebook, or better yet, MySpace? Personality Quizzes abounded! I think people even pinned them to their "About Me" sections. Yesterday I saw them floating around again, so I figured today instead of posted a YouTube Video or harping on news you can get anywhere, I'd open up to you guys a bit in the form of a good ol personality quiz!
Enter at your own risk ;)
1.Who is your hero? it's a tie. My parents. They've both beaten a lot of odds and have never given up. They inspire me to be a hard worker and to love hard.
2.If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Either in a large city (that was safe) or somewhere relatively active yet relaxed like Denver or Portland
3.What is your biggest fear? letting people down. and Holes. I have Trypophobia which is an aversion to the sight of irregular patterns or clusters of small holes, or bumps. It is not officially recognized as a mental disorder, but may fall under the broad category of specific phobia if fear is involved and the fear is excessive and distressing. Basically anything that resembles a lotus pod or anything with tiny seeds.
4.What is your favorite family vacation? DISNEY ALL DAY EVERYDAY AS I LIVE AND BREATHE
5.What would you change about yourself if you could? physically, weight. Internally, confidence.
6.What really makes you angry? people who make others feel less than to make themselves look better.
7.What motivates you to work hard? my daughter and my Disney addiction
8.What is your favorite thing about your career? I love radio so much but my favorite part is when we work charity events like the St. Jude Radiothon and the hope and love from strangers abound. Like Luke says, "I believe most people are good"
9.What is your biggest complaint about your job? I have to wear makeup when I leave the building because people may recognize me or my voice hahaha
10.What is your proudest accomplishment? raising a humble child. We are still at the pre-teen stage but she's the kindest human I've ever met
11.What is your child's proudest accomplishment? Probably being elected STEM student of the year for her grade last year
12.What is your favorite book to read? Amy Poehler's "Yes, Please". Hands down.
13.What makes you laugh the most? videos on YouTube of cats walking on their hind legs
14.What was the last movie you went to? What did you think? The Lion King and IT WAS GREAT!
15.What did you want to be when you were small? an Actress. Theatre and a role as an extra were all that ever came of that, but I like to think 34 is still young
16.What does your child want to be when he/she grows up? she wants to work in marine life conservation and oceanography
17.If you could choose to do any career for a day, what would it be? I would have host a comedy travel show about a woman in her mid-30's with mild social anxiety awkwardly falling down, spilling and fumbling through places shes never been
18.What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play? watch: soccer and football, play: softball
19.Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car? drive a car
20.What would you sing at Karaoke night? Black Velvet, Alannah Myles or The Runaways Cherry Bomb
21.What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most? K99 Country and 95KSJ
22.Which would you rather do: wash dishes, mow the lawn, clean the bathroom, or vacuum the house? wash dishes
23.If you could hire someone to help you, would it be with cleaning, cooking, or yard work? folding and putting away all of my laundry after I've washed it
24.If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? steak with sauteed mushrooms and green beans
25.Who is your favorite author? Harper Lee
26. Have you ever had a nickname? What is it? Jonka, Nonna, J
27. Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? I love surprises. I hate someone telling me they have a surprise for me and then not telling me what it is. I'm basically a 5 year old when it comes to patience.
28. In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read? watch a movie
29. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? Hawaii - i lived in AK and don't want to go back. Ever.
30. Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why? Even if I won the lottery I wouldn't want to give up radio. It really is the most fun job
31. Who would you want to be stranded with on a deserted island? my kiddo
32. If money was no object, what would you do all day? travel and explore and listen to good music and write about all of it
33. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? 1969 - Woodstock
34. How would your friends describe you? clumsy, goofy, emotional and hopefully kind
35. What are your hobbies? writing and overthinking every possible thing
36. What is the best gift you have been given? I bought my dad a George Costanza pillow for Christmas one year and he lost his mind. Seinfeld is his favorite show of all time
37. What is the worst gift you have received? one time my friend gave me a picture frame....that I had given her the year before but she had never opened
38. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? seeing or hearing from my daughter
39. List two pet peeves: humblebragging and smacking food
40. Where do you see yourself in five years? preparing mentally to send my daughter off to college...whoa...
41. How many pairs of shoes do you own? maybe 25?
42. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? teleportation. Having a bad day? Boom, I'm on Spash Mountain. Craving a hot dog? Boom I'm at Wrigley Field
43. What would you do if you won the lottery? refuse the release of my name to the media and tell as few people as possible, then pay off all of my debt and give large amounts to my immediate family to do the same
44. What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.) car here but in the city i love riding the train
45. What's your favorite zoo animal? sloth. I'm infatuated with them.
46. If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be? I would spend more time with the people I've lost and tell them I loved them until blue in the face
47. If you could share a meal with any 4 individuals, living or dead, who would they be? all 4 of my grandparents who have passed away
48. How many pillows do you sleep with? 6
49. What's the longest you've gone without sleep (and why)? 2 days - when I first moved to Alaska it was summer and 24 daylight. Between the time change and the daylight, it messed me up pretty bad
50. What's the tallest building you've been to the top in? The Sears Tower in Chicago (or whatever its called now)
51. Would you rather trade intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? like for me to have? someone else? I'd rather not be a walking doorknob talking to a wall of paint drying
52. How often do you buy clothes? maybe once a month. I'm a thrift store junkie and when I feel overwhelmed, I go thrifting. It eases my mind. Vintage t-shirts, specifically music, are my JAM.
53. Have you ever had a secret admirer? yes - it was very creepy and escalated with me finding out who they were and them not backing off when I asked. I was expected to date them because they had made the effort to send me things anonymously, but at the end of the day, I did not like them and "no" didn't suffice. I said some not nice things to make that one stop.
54. What's your favorite holiday? Christmas. Our family does Christmas BIG and tacky and loud and I love it so much.
55. What's the most daring thing you've ever done? adrenaline-wise: skydiving, decision-wise: leaving a very stable, well-paying company that was a home to me to go follow my dreams and take an offer going back into radio
56. What was the last thing you recorded on TV? Serengeti on the Discovery Channel! IT'S SO GOOD
57. What was the last book you read? Stay Sexy and Don't Get Murdered by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark of the My Favorite Murder Podcast
58. What's your favorite type of foreign food? Greek..mmm
59. Are you a clean or messy person? a solid mix of both. I'm very organized but hate dusting and sweeping and such (I do it- I just complain the whole time)
60. Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? Anne Hathaway
61. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? around 30 minutes if you include showering, otherwise about 10
62. What kitchen appliance do you use every day? Coffee maker
63. What's your favorite fast food chain? Arby's or Checkers
64. What's your favorite family recipe? My grandmother made the best Gumbo I have ever had and my Aunt Tabbie now carries on her recipe. Its heaven in a bowl
65. Do you love or hate roller coasters? LOVE - specifically Everest at Disney's AK and Rip Ride Rocket at Universal Studios Orlando
66. What's your favorite family tradition? watching my dad and brother-in-law cautiously fry turkeys every thanksgiving because one year one of them got splashed with hot grease in the face, yet they refuse to give up the frying
67. What is your favorite childhood memory? going on softball trips and playing for lots of championships in long tournaments. Travel ball kid from 8yrs old to high school graduation
68. What's your favorite movie? I could never pick just one. I'm obsessed with film and cannot limit myself to one choice. Maybe I could narrow if there were like 10 categories.
69. How old were you when you learned Santa wasn't real? How did you find out? Wait...he's...yeah, y'all misinformed. "If you believe, you receive"
70. Is your glass half full or half empty? my glass is refillable
71. What's the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of love? move from Alabama to Alaska where my husband was stationed with the Army
72. What three items would you take with you on a deserted island? an endless supply of sunflower seeds, bulk supply of toilet paper and ear plugs. You cant be afraid of the lurking unknown if you can't hear it and also exotic bugs crawling in my ears is a no. hard pass.
73. What was your favorite subject in school? English in high school, History in college
74. What's the most unusual thing you've ever eaten? a worm. made $40 that day.
75. Do you collect anything? fortunes from inside of fortune cookies (I have about 500) and concert ticket stubs and shirts
76. Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion? pretty much the entirety of 1996-1999
77. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? extroverted introvert. I can go on stage without hesitation if I have to, but having face to face conversations with people I don't know is often an immediate anxiety attack
78. Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest? um? Touch? I'm a good hugger.
79. Have you ever had a surprise party? (that was an actual surprise) Yep! On my last day at the company I left for radio, I was told to walk downstairs for my exit interview with HR. It was late in the afternoon and had just been another day really. When we finished the interview, she walked me to an area of the facility where I often had to do work and told me she thought I'd left some things in there. We opened the doors and more people than I could count were standing with balloons and cake and giant smiles and in unison they screamed "WE LOVE YOU JOHNNA". I dropped my purse and put my head in my hands. Immediate ugly crying.
80. Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous? My mom's family is "Parker" and my Dad's is "Nixon" so although I'm not related to them I tell people that President Nixon and Bonnie Parker (Bonnie and Clyde) are distant relatives. Since they were both people that weren't stellar humans, the reactions are great!
81. What do you do to keep fit? ask me when I get back into shape please
82. Does your family have a “motto” – spoken or unspoken? "no expectations, only hopes" - we don't expect anyone to be anything other than what they are, which can change with the wind, but we hope for them to find their way
83. If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce? 4 day work weeks and school days for sure
84. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why? Mrs. Oliver - she taught me that words paint. She is the reason I love to write. I'm not the best speller and my grammar isn't always the best, but I love painting a picture with words.
85. What three things do you think of the most each day? My daughter, not letting people down, and sleep - solid 4th: John Mayer and 5th: food
86. If you had a warning label, what would yours say? CAUTION: IM PRETTY COOL BUT I CRY A LOT
87. What song would you say best sums you up? My Stupid Mouth- John Mayer
88. What celebrity would you like to meet at Starbucks for a cup of coffee? John Mayer (you bored with him yet?) or Kristen Bell
89. Who was your first crush? a guys i went to elementary school with named Allen Taylor
90. What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office? the lights in the hallway flickering like a scene from a horror movie
91. On a scale of 1-10 how funny would you say you are? a Keleven (comment if you agree)
92. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? working still and traveling more since my kiddo will be in college
93. What was your first job? American Eagle in Bel-Air Mall...and I started on Black Friday....that lasted a whole month..
94. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? The Dixie Chicks
95. How many languages do you speak? 1.5ish? Hola!
96. What is your favorite family holiday tradition? Christmas with my GIANT Parker (My Mom's side) family and all of us yelling to hear one another while playing games and wearing PJs
97. Who is the most intelligent person you know? John and Lyndell Farmer and my mom
98. If you had to describe yourself as an animal, which one would it be? SLOTH. Need anymore explanation? Didn't think so.
99. What is one thing you will never do again? there are far more than one...but lets go with eat a worm for $40.
100. Who knows you the best? my best friend and the funniest human, John Farmer, as well as my mom and my sisters
101.What are you doing later today? Therapy. Hanging out with my kiddo. Laundry and FOOOOOD. Then goodnight.
If you stuck around this long, congratulations, you win nothing, but now know a little bit more about me :)