There are actually rules to follow during the season of Misrule in Mobile!
And failure to follow the rules can cost you-- $150 to get your car back if it's towed, $298 if you get a ticket for crossing the barricades.
Here are a few things you should know from City of Mobile:
- Attend parades in groups with family or friends.
- Glass containers are prohibited by city ordinance
- Do not follow floats. Violators may be arrested.
- Do not throw any object in the direction of floats, band members or any parade participants. Violators may be arrested.
- Materials known as "Silly String" and "Snap & Pops" along with similar products are illegal. Possession of any of these products may result in arrest.
- Do not cross the barricades. Each officer will be carrying a ticket book and will be issuing citations for the offense. The fine for crossing the barricades is $298.
- No underage drinking is allowed. Special undercover police details arrest violators.
- If you need police assistance during a parade, go to the nearest intersection and advise a uniformed police officer.
- Choose a well-lit area for night parade viewing.
- Establish a post-parade meeting place for family and friends in case you become separated.
- Park vehicles in secure areas and do not leave valuables in plain sight. Utilize the trunk to store valuables.
- Uniformed and plainclothes officers will be patrolling behind the crowds to identify and arrest persons engaging in criminal activity.
- Pets are prohibited during the parades downtown.
- Skateboards and motorized scooters are prohibited.